Our St. Catharines, Welland, Grimsby and Thorold locations are open with limited services. Our Niagara Falls branch is closed Saturdays. We encourage all visitors to wear a mask when entering our Branches.
Read the latest updates from CAA Niagara.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
CAA Niagara is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees may be charged for support persons to attend events or go on trips. We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and website.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities CAA Niagara will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all effected office locations and on the website.
Training for Staff
CAA Niagara will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. This training will be provided to staff will take place within three months of hire.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- CAA Niagara's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use any available equipment or devices that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing CAA Niagara's goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way CAA Niagara provides goods and services to people with disabilities can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a handwritten note.
All feedback will be directed to the Director, Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back within 3 business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of CAA Niagara that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Please click here to download the accessibility plan.