Protect your friends and family when they visit Canada
Friends and family who are visiting Canada from outside of the country get peace of mind when they have CAA Visitors to Canada Insurance, which protects visitors who are not Canadian residents in the event of an accident or illness while they're here. It also protects anyone moving to Ontario, as they are not protected under OHIP for 3 months after landing.
Payment for reasonable and customary costs incurred for treatment of emergency and unforeseen sickness or injury while in Canada. These may include:
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Emergency Dental expenses
- Family Transportation and Subsistence Allowance
- Medical Repatriation to the Country of permanent residence.
- In the event of death, costs incurred for burial or cremation at place of death or return home of deceased
- A temporary visit to another country is covered (excluding your country of origin) as part of your trip, however this temporary visit may not exceed 49% of the trip's total duration
- Available in limits of $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000
- This coverage is subject to a deductible.
- For Visitors to Canada, Canadians who are not covered by a government health insurance plan, persons who are in Canada on a work or student visa, or new immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage.
- This plan can only be purchased if you are under 85 years of age.
- Coverage must be purchased prior to, or within 7 days of, arrival in Canada. (Provided there is no cause for a claim against the Policy)